Re: Brake fluid leaking

To: Tom Buchanan <toms_MG@tombuchanan.net>
Subject: Re: Brake fluid leaking
From: Bert Palte <palte@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:27:44 +0200
At 17:32 11/08/05, you wrote:

>The pressure switch and/or body assembly (Moss part number 141-710) is
>seeping and disolving the body paint right beneath it. Very upsetting
>since I have just had the car painted I can see no dripping or spraying of
>brake fluid. Also the car's brakes seem to work fine. Hard pedal. Has
>anyone experienced this or have a solution?

Yes.
BTDT

Once, the brake pressure switch was broken on my 1970 B.
They sold me, at the time, an incorrect part (for an Alfa Romeo, I think it
was) looking exactly the same.
Metric thread, of course, but you really can't tell and you don't really
notice it.
The difference in thread is so small that there was only a very, very small
leak.
It took me some time before I found out!

Bert