Re: Overdrive Woes

To: "Hans Duinhoven" <h.duinhoven@planet.nl>
Subject: Re: Overdrive Woes
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 13:35:55 -0600 (MDT)
I don't think we need to open up the overdrive oil discussion yet again.
It's enough to say that gear oil (a.k.a. 80 wt or heavier) is
inappropriate for an overdrive gearbox.  Other than that, pretty much
engine oil works, but you may get conflicting answers about multi-weight
oils, and about detergent oils.  I use 30wt ND (non  detergent) in my car,
but that's just me, and my OD isn't working right now (and it's a D-type,
not an LH).

Phil Bates