RE: B Calipers

To: "RICHARD BOES" <csrb7007@msn.com>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: B Calipers
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:30:08 -0700
Dick:

The seals are available.

When reassembling use loctite on the caliper half bolts and torque them
to a reasonable spec.  Sorry, I did have the suggested torque figure
from Girling, but it's not to hand.

Not splitting the calipers is one of those "old mechanics tales".

The bolts were intended for single use, as they had a non-slip coating.
Neither replacement bolts nor torque specs were supplied by Girling, as
the calipers were not intended to be dismantled.

Use good shop practices and the calipers can be split, resealed and
re-assembled safely.

Kelvin Dodd

Behalf
> Of RICHARD BOES
> Sent: Friday, September 23, 2005 4:10 PM
> To: mgs
> Subject: B Calipers
>
> Removed the calipers from my '79 B and let them soak overnight in a
parts
> cleaner, only to be told today that I've probably ruined them.
Supposedly