RE: MGBGT on eBay

To: "Kid Vid" <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGBGT on eBay
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 08:57:37 -0700
The MGBGT is a great but undervalued car. I am on my third one now, a 67
BGT. The one before, a 71BGT, was a very high mileage rust bucket, that
I still added some 150-200K miles or so over a 17 year span before my
son had an accident with it at his high school (another student ran her
van into it, her fault). I totally stripped the rusted, wrecked carcass
of the 71BGT and most of it now lives in a restored 72B body shell.

The BGT is a great three season car. The only down side is the summer
time when its black interior makes for an extremely hot experience when
the sun is shining. So during the summer, I either keep it in the garage
or covered with a car cover.

This Ebay car does look like a great deal although there are three days
left in the auction. If its rust free, as they say, I think it would
still be a great no risk buy at its current price or even $1000-$1500
higher. With proper research, Ebay can be a good source for cars. The
thing to do would be to visit the car or have someone in the area check
it out for you just to verify the description. If I needed another BGT
and I could get a magnet to stick to the sills and rocker panels, I'd
bid on the car for sure. But for now, I'm running out of parking space
for my present cars.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B