Re: MGB Exhaust Sound

To: ccrobins@ktc.com, Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Exhaust Sound
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:16:15 EST
Looking to duplicate the Abarth system I had on my then-new '68 GT I went
with the ANSA system, too, which, by the way, was recommended by John Twist of
University Motors for its good fit.  On my '72 it gives a nice,  throaty
burble, slightly fart-like in a cool automotive way, and with none of  the
high-pitched freqs another has mentioned.  But maybe that's a  difference
between a
choked-down '80 engine and an earlier 2-carb model.
One thing to watch for in this system, though, is rust.  The chrome  tips
need attention to keep the rust worms away.  And if the pipes are  anything
like
my Abarths, those will rust out in 3-4 years of steady use,  although my ANSA
is going into its 4th year of occasional use and seems  fine.

Jay Donoghue
72 B-GT

In a message dated 1/5/2006 3:00:56 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,