Ignition and sparks

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition and sparks
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:06:19 -0800
MSD manufactures a 'multi-spark' device see
<http://www.msdignition.com>www.msdignition.com and I wonder at its
worth.  I once read a piece which said that high voltage coils (big
sparks, multiple sparks etc) were unnecessary and just fodder for the
I-wanna-go-faster-so-give-me-racing-stripes fraternity.  I must admit
that I feel that it does not matter whether you enter a room filled
with gas with a match or a dirty big blazing torch - the room will
explode nicely whatever.  Ignition is ignition.  And the twin plug
configuration just means that the burn only has to go half of the
combustion area and does not give a 'bigger' spark.

As is my wont, this I hope will start another in the series of
discussions and please direct your responses to the list as I am now
just an interested bystander.  I have ignited now lets have the burn !

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

Purveyor of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
------- and of stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
------- and of bitumastic soundproofing