Re: TD tach died

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TD tach died
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 11:05:36 -0800
Sounds just like the one my buddy sold 2 years ago, for around $2000, I
think. It ran, just not well -- had some kind of timing foulup which he
wasn't able to get sorted before he had to sell it. It hadn't been driven
since '77, but he got it fired up, replaced WW hubs and wheel bearings,
rebuilt the brakes. I would have bought it from him as a "body donor" for my
66, but I couldn't reconcile myself to that pillow dash. [Especially after
working on it -- I forgot to mention I helped him replace the heater core.
The space behind the metal dash is cavernous in comparison.]

So $3500 sounds high to me, but I'm in CA. Kind of depends where you are. I
have noticed that the supply of unrestored CBBs is pretty much drying up
everywhere.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149