RE: MGB EFI system from Moss

To: <WSpohn4@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: MGB EFI system from Moss
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 11:14:41 -0800
Bill:

Normally aspirated is for wimps!

The Jackson Racing Ford Focus supercharger manifold gets band sawed and
the intake stubs from the crossflow DGV manifold get welded on to the
plenum.

You got the idea about the injector bungs, the DGV manifold stubs are
more than thick enough to be drilled and the bungs welded on.

An Eaton M45 bolts to the manifold and either a Ford, Miata or Honda
throttle body is fitted to the blower using off the shelf Jackson racing
adapters.

Creating the belt path is going to be the toughest part, but using off
the shelf MGB supercharger pulley set takes a lot of the work out of it.
Probably moving the alternator to the RH side may be the easiest, but a
small unit may fit under the blower without a problem.

Crank fire ignition is a must, and a gear reduction starter allows the
use of the hang down oil filter adapter.  This clears the area under the
blower and makes maintenance much easier.

I'd prefer to go with an aftermarket engine management system, as this
is an area I would like to learn more about.

Sure stuffing a V6 under the bonnet would be easier, but that's not the
point.

Kelvin.