Non-starter lbc

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Non-starter lbc
From: dave houser <mgs4dave@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 17:15:57 -0500
Listers,
Can you shed some advice on a non starting, fresh engine non MG? It's in
a friend's AH 3000, 6 cylinder but I figure it's a common problem we all
share. We checked  the following, plug gaps, points(which he had too
open but we fixed. He gets a spark, engine cranks, we have fuel but no
start, timing seems on, valves adjusted fine, but not even a pop. Weak
battery has been a problem. It's been recharged but still hasn't been
strong enough, I believe. Putting a new one in but aside from doing
that, what else should we check for problems?
TIA,
Dave Houser