spring fever approaches

To: "mgs@autox. team. net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: spring fever approaches
From: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:03:04 -0600
It's time to start getting serious about the car for the coming
season. I've got my major Cub Scout activities out of the way and
I can get my workshop in shape to work on things again. (Pinewood
Derby takes a surprising amount of time :-)

I pulled out the Gift Certificate I got last year and mailed an
order off to Moss, yesterday!

The orders of business before the car gets on the road is to finally
get my "new" trunk lid finished and installed. Then there's the little
matter of fabricating something for my '70-72 steering wheel to cancel
the turn signals correctly on my '77 car.

Next I'll turn my attention to the parts I've just ordered. Windshield
seals and transmission mount rubber.

But I have an informal poll for the group.

I have a '77B, and if you recognize me from my posts. It's not original.
Though everything is reversible. Miata seats, dual HIFs, really is the
only major things.

Now, I'm thinking of more visual. I have a love/hate thing going on with
the bumper. Sometimes, yeah, they're ok. Of course, way overweight.
Other times, I want that chrome grill.

So I've got an eBay chrome grill. It's got a little dent in it, that
I think I could push out from behind, when I get to it. And I got a
Barrie stainless mesh set for it. Again, when I get to it. The chrome
uprights for it are still in good shape, but that's just too much chrome
for me.

That leads to the bumper. I've eyed this for quite sometime:
http://www.morspeedperformance.com

I think I like the look of it, but I look at the pictures sometimes,
and I
just don't know. I do not like the huge fender flares on it. So that
may be
the problem.

Bonuses get paid next week. :-) And Husband points are good
currently, but we
know how fleeting those are (I am going on a ski trip with my
brothers in April,
without kids ...).

What do people think about this bumper?

What do people think between the Special Tuning spoiler and the LE
spoiler if
I were to keep the regular nose?

Is there any other aftermarket bumpers out there? I believe John Hill
in the UK
had/has something, but I can no longer find his web site.

I have the Pagent Blue color (or is it Tahiti, I never remember), and
someday,
hopefully, I can get the thing painted, and I believe I'd go with the
bumper
body colored, but I think that would look better with a darker blue.
Like Jaguar
Sapphire. I have a picture of a CBB from someone on or formerly on
this list in
that color, it's just wonderful.

Any opinions out there?

Paul.