Re: spring fever approaches

To: Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com>,
Subject: Re: spring fever approaches
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:50:59 -0800 (PST)
Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:Now, I'm thinking of more visual. I have a
love/hate thing going on with
the bumper. Sometimes, yeah, they're ok. Of course, way overweight.
Other times, I want that chrome grill.

So I've got an eBay chrome grill. It's got a little dent in it, that
I think I could push out from behind, when I get to it. And I got a
Barrie stainless mesh set for it. Again, when I get to it. The chrome
uprights for it are still in good shape, but that's just too much chrome
for me.

That leads to the bumper. I've eyed this for quite sometime:
http://www.morspeedperformance.com

Paul, not sure which one you're looking at - the one with the built-in spolier,
or the stock replica?

  Personally, I don't mind the look of the stockers. If I had the money  to
spend on my '76 (which I don't, it's all going to go to the '65!), I  would
seriously consider the stock replicas. You'd lose a LOT of weight  front and
rear that way, while retaining a look that is okay with me.  Heck, I might even
paint 'em satin black...

  That said, I also like the modified bumper with the spoiler built in.  But
I'm wondering how it would look way up in the air on an RB, with  the raised
ride height.... If you went that way, you'd have to do  something to the rear,
to balance it off..... Any thoughts on that?

  BTW, if you think the Pinewood Derby is a lot of work (which it  certainly
is) trying running a Boy Scout Troop! Being Cubmaster was a  lot less work than
being Committee Chairman of a  Troop.................. Gotta go out and stick
up flyers for our  upcoming Pancake Breakfast, then do our Recharter, then try
and do some  of my "real" job!

Dan D
The Garden State
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - "On the Road Again....!"
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, still is....
'04 Audi A4 1.8T q MT-6 - quattro, baby!
NAMGBR #5-2328