Moss's new seat belts

Subject: Moss's new seat belts
From: Aaron Whiteman <awhitema@panix.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 20:11:58 -0800
So I just got back from a 300 mile ski trip (150 miles to Sandpoint,
ski...., drive home).  It was good.  Snow could have been fresher,
but the weather was nice and I kicked my own butt on the mountain.

So, to make this a relevant MG post, I need to mention I took the
MG.  I was going alone, so the skis could take the passenger seat, I
still have winter tires on her, and she gets better mileage than my
SUV.  I could come up with more excuses if needed, but whatever.

When I finished my shower tonight, I noticed I have a bruise on my
shoulder.  It happens to *perfectly* correlate with the shoulder
harness of my seat belt.  I replaced the original and very worn belts
when I got the car 3 years ago, using the Moss Inertial reel units.

The replacement belts are perfectly good from a safety standpoint,
but they are damned irritating.  They came with funny little red
clips to relieve the constant retraction pressure.  The clips never
did work and are now long gone.  With the driver's seat the belt
didn't really bother me until I re-upholstered the seat.  Now they
both attack shoulders.

So, a question for the list, and especially for Kelvin:
Do the new kits which are "properly engineered" for the car have a
tensioner that allows the user to get a little slack?