Re: MGs are why I exist

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: MGs are why I exist
From: Larry Colen <lrc@red4est.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:49:33 -0700
On Fri, Oct 27, 2006 at 08:59:03AM +0100, Paul Hunt wrote:
# So you were *conceived* in an MG then?  I reckon your parents earned a
# medal for that ... :o)

Nope. My parents never discussed that in any detail. However, by the
time I'd been conceived Dad had traded the MGA on a '58 vette, where
he'd selected every race option available. The car would pass anything
but a gas station. Dad says that he'd had a tuning problem that the
local dealer couldn't handle, so they sent him off to have the factory
race mechanics look at it when they were at a nearby track. On his way
home, he said he shifted from 3rd to 4th and chirped the tires, at
100MPH.

When I was on my way, they traded the Vette in on a Volvo ('60 or
'61), 544(?) with the split window. The first MG I ever remember
riding in was the '65 (or '66) BGT that my first grade teacher had.

It's funny what details I can remember from 40 years ago. I remember
my best friend's dad getting a really cool car, that many years later
I realized was a '65 GT350.

--
Software that holds your hand is one thing, software that holds your
hand and won't let go is really, really annoying.