Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Price Of Two 6 Volt Batteries
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:09:39 -0700 (PDT)
--- The Roxter <rocknatural@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was once told by a friend who was an MG factory mechanic that the
> two six-volts were used because the MGA was slightly light in the
> rear end and the added weight fixed that.
>
> Might be apocryphal rather than gospel, but he certainly believed
> it.

There's alot to be said for having a slight rear weight bias in
a rear wheel drive car, even if it comes from the "silly" (as
characterized by a previous poster) philosophy of adhering to
the practices of the engineers who actually designed the vehicle.

David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com

Got a little couch potato?