Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB GT V8 Race Car

To: "Max Heim" <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB GT V8 Race Car
From: "Richard D Starkweather" <rstarkweather@scottmadden.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 18:42:53 -0400
Ummm...

The car is eligible in SVRA's Group 8.  SVRA is holding 11 events in 2009.
There are many more vintage racing organizations around the country where
this car could run as well.  It seems to me this is more than a once-a-year
car.

My 2 cents.

Rick Starkweather

> From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
> Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 15:13:40 -0700
> To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
> Subject: Re: [Mgs] 1972 MGB GT V8 Race Car
>
> Yeah, my only objection is that it isn't eligible for most most (hardly
any,
> really) race classes. Doubling the displacement and number of cylinders
> doesn't usually pass tech. So It's basically for a once-a-year event and
> occasional track day -- a toy, in other words. Pretty expensive toy.
>

> on 9/1/09 6:28 AM, Matt Trebelhorn at matt.lists@trebelhorn.com wrote:
>
>> It looks like an MGB to me -- a GT with a Rover V8, just like they
>> built at Abingdon.  What's wrong with that?  Weber carbs, an adequate
>> radiator, big tires?  It's a race car, not a concours restoration.
>>
>> And we're nowhere near the point that MGBs are too rare to be raced
>> -- that's just a laughable proposition.
>>
>> I don't think I'd spend $60,000 for it.  But it's a good looking race
>> car.
>>
>> Matt
>>

> --
>
> Max Heim
> '66 MGB GHN3L76149
> If you're near Mountain View, CA,
> it's the primer red one with chrome wires

> http://www.team.net/archive

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This electronic mail transmission contains
information that is confidential, privileged, or proprietary. If you are
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you are not
authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message, any
part of it, or any attachments.  If you have received this message in
error, please delete this message and any attachments from your system
without reading the content and notify the sender immediately of the
inadvertent transmission.  There is no intent on the part of the sender
to waive any privilege that may attach to this communication.