[Mgs] Draining Radiator

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Draining Radiator
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 05:00:13 -0700 (PDT)
I need to drain the radiator on my '76 B as I have a squealing water pump that
needs to be replaced. My particular
radiator doesn't have a petcock (always like to try to work that word into
conversation ;-) and I was able to use a
siphon method to get about a quart of fluid out of the upper tank. But I don't
know what the internals of a radiator
look like so I'm not sure if I can sneak my tubing down further inside to
siphon out more, or if I just have to remove
the lower hose like I usually do and get coolant all over the place.

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer
'65 MGB Tourer (Project)