Re: [Mgs] Stock ground clearance?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Stock ground clearance?
From: Max Heim <max_heim@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 16:28:36 -0700
I never had trouble when I ran taller-than-stock tires (175R14), but now
that I have 175/70-14s I often scrape on curb cuts. The ride height
difference was only about 5/8 inch, I think, so you can see it's a pretty
near thing.

One of these (well, more in the nature of an offroad excursion) just cracked
the weld at the front of the muffler, so now it is sagging downward, making
measurement pointless.

Off the top of my head, I would say if you have 4.5 or 5 inches to the low
point of the muffler, you are not far out of normal. Any more is a bonus.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149