Re: [Mgs] Stock ground clearance?

To: "MG Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Stock ground clearance?
From: "Norm" <nsippel@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:06:18 -0400
"It looks like it hangs down too far to me."

Frank:

It's an MGB!  Drooping MGB exhaust systems were my bane for years -- on my
brand new '65 (back when) up to my late '66.

Even Kyosho, when they made a 1:18 scale MGB, made the exhaust droopy.  Now,
that's attention to detail.

Seriously. you CAN work it to be higher.  But, then you run the risk of it
hitting somewhere.  My last B, the '66, was lowered a lot for racing.
Because I also used it as my daily driver, I tucked the exhaust up as far as
I could.  Always had an annoying rumble from where it was hitting something.
But, with a 2" Peco system, I could only do so much.

Norm