Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts

To: "Robert J. Guinness" <guinness@stclegal.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGA sputtering engine and bad replacement parts
From: Simon Matthews <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 07:20:28 -0800
Robert,

I have suggested on s3veral occasions on this mailing list that
condensers should not be replaced unless they have failed. There is
plenty of anecdotal evidence to suggest that condensers have a high
early failure rate, but  those that survive early failure will last
for a long time (many decades).

Hence, by routinely replacing condensers, you are much more likely to
have a condenser fail, because you risk the early failure of your
newly replaced condenser.

Simon