Re: GT2

To: LDMcJr@aol.com
Subject: Re: GT2
From: "Steve Manwell" <Steve_Manwell@WE-KNOW-ENERGY.XENERGY.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 09:08:09 EST
     Tony,

     I saw the GT2 at the factory and at Beaulieu (MOG 95) last summer.  I
     took a bunch of photos, though most of what I know about it is in the
     spec that you saw on the web page.  The car is a brilliant sky blue
     with huge (18"?) yellow wheels and very low profile tires.

     One of the photos was published in the Morganeer (our 3/4 Morgan
     Owners Group publication) with my article about the web page last
     fall, but I don't know when/if the others may be published.

     In the latest Miscellany from the UK Morgan Sports Car Club, Charles
     Morgan announced that he has hired Chris Lawrence to take the GT2 to
     LeMans!  Chris had most recently managed a successful team for Marcos
     (also using the Rover V8), not to mention his 1960 (?) Le Mans win in
     the Plus Four.

     I believe an article from last summer (Classic Cars?) said that Morgan
     planned to manufacture 25 GT2's for sale.  Don't know if they would be
     for street or strictly race cars like the one I saw.

     --Steve Manwell