Re: front end rebuild

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: front end rebuild
From: George Gerth <ggerth@west.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 1997 07:36:54 -0700
William Zehring wrote:

> Fellow Mog-o-philes:
>
> I am about to undertake a front end rebuild on my 4/4.  This will involve
> new kingpins, bushings, upper and lower kingpin springs, and some blood,
> sweat and tears as well.  Any one out there who's done this and can offer
> advice on the job?

William,
I am "in process" with this job on my 63 +4 as I work on the brakes and
fit new decamber plates to the lower king pin mount.  The last time I
did this was about 20 years ago.  Disassembly is quite easy on the +4,
but I think the springs on the 4/4 are longer (and have more tension in
them) and are a bit harder to remove.  Look at John blair's
contributions on Morgan repairs on:
http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/

He has some great stuff there.  I would venture that any good machine
shop can do the bushings.  Mine are still fine, but then I don't drive
my car that much...  (ps: I have keep the one shot oiler functioning.)

good luck and keep us posted...