Re: front end rebuild

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@UMDNJ.EDU>
Subject: Re: front end rebuild
From: steve@tap.csiro.au (Steve Moore)
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 10:17:01 +1000
Will,

A good idea is to have the kingpins hard chromed, expensive but worthwhile.
There are bushes available made from some sort of nylon type material, our
local Mog dealer supplies these. Trouble is finding a machine shop that can
deal with reaming these. I eventually gave up and went and bought a set of
phosphor-bronze bushes from the local bearing supplier.

Cheers

Steve Moore

>Fellow Mog-o-philes:
>
>I am about to undertake a front end rebuild on my 4/4.  This will involve
>new kingpins, bushings, upper and lower kingpin springs, and some blood,
>sweat and tears as well.  Any one out there who's done this and can offer
>advice on the job?  Any mog-specific pitfalls?  Will my local machine
>shop be able to deal with the new bushings and ream them to the proper
>size (i.e. are the mog kingpins some berzerkoo size?).  All advice,
>comments, flames, donations, and pecadillos (!) invited.
>
>Will "low man on the learning curve" Zehring

Dr. Stephen Moore
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre
Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories