Re: Pinion Seal for 7HA rear axle

To: George Gerth <ggerth@West.net>
Subject: Re: Pinion Seal for 7HA rear axle
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 11:36:20 -0400
At 07:21 AM 7/18/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I have welded the loose axle tube on my Salsibury axle on my 1963 +4.  I
>set the axle end play and put in new axle seals, but I cannot locate a
>new seal for the Pinion shaft.
>
>Does anyone have a part number or cross for this?

George,

   Unfortunately, I don't.  Did you distroy the old one taking it out?
If not, try looking up Bearings in your local yellowpages.  Call and ask
if they can match a seal from the orig. one.  We have a local shop that
does that all the time for me here in Norfolk.  I simply walk in with the
old bearing / seal, they mic it, and look up the specs in a book and give
me the closest thing they have.

Please let me know what you come up with.

John

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire