RE: crossing the bar

To: "'ARoman4047@aol.com'" <ARoman4047@aol.com>
Subject: RE: crossing the bar
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 10:08:23 -0500
I'm a Canadian and was seriously considering buying that car! I've seen it
and it's a great project. Take good care of it!

I don't think you will have any problems bringing the car over the line. It
is an "antique", over 25 years old. Nafta has nothing to do with antique
cars. The fact that it is completely disassembled will be to your
advantage. You will have to declare a value on it, and in that condition
you can say you paid $1000 for it (and minimize the taxes, if any. Should
not be any duty).

I would get a receipt signed by Paul Guild which lists the selling price
and his address etc. Hopefully there is a tilte for the car (Ontario), if
there is no title you will have problems and paperwork to do.

You must speak to American customs before you go. If you can't get through
on the phone then try the web, I seem to remember they have info somewhere
on the web (I could be wrong). Try going in person to an office of Customs
in your area (New Jersey) and asking for the literature on the subject
(there must be an office around you given all the shiiping going on).  If
all else fails, when you are driving up to Canada, stop off at the American
side of Customs before you cross through and get all the info and forms you
need for when you return.

Good luck and take car of that car!

Daniel T.