Britspeak & american slang

To: morgans@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Britspeak & american slang
From: FPS3@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 14:56:33 EST
Fred Kuzyk's note about the word "doghouse" made me remember some old high-
school slang. In high school (50's) I was a sports car nut but had to settle
for hot rods. We lived in our cars, cruising every night for hours.  As most
teenagers do, we developed our own slang. (makes brit-speak sound like
english...)
                I remember one darktime at the drag-and-eat. The hopping one
had just taken
our prescription when this cat  tools in in a 'chopped, channeled and Z'd
'32 Henry-built three-window. We slid over to lay the  near eye on his cool
duce.
       It really was a cool sheen, nothing critshy about it. It even had nerfs
and lakes.
       In the doghouse was a '48 flathead with three 97's, chrome sewers and a
long jump. Inside,the mill, he had a long toss, big buckets, custom bump-
stick, over twisted twisted ones and big manhole covers It had even been been
massaged  by the blind lady and had a prexy train grunch box. We had to boff
though because we wanted to cruise the Pole. As we split the joint, he peeled
out beside us, grabbed a patch in every gear and soon all we could see was his
scarlets. It was a super trick double throw-down experience.

fred sisson