Re: Seat Belts

To: <Morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: "Scott Morrison" <scott@wampc.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:11:00 -0700
Do I believe in seatbelts?  Yes for several reasons.

I bought my first Morgan, a 1961 +4 2 seater, as a basketcase.  I did
not even know what a Morgan was but the car looked like it could be
restored after 15 years in the Arizona sun.  Along the restoration way
I met many new friends that have or have had Morgans and they have
been invaluable in the long process.  I now drive that car equipped
with a pair of three point seatbelts from Moss.  In college I heard
about an older fraternity brother who, when racing his car, missed the
tight turn out in front and, literally, took out the kitchen.  I later
met this man at a Morgan get together and, after comparing stories,
realized he was the same person who had wrecked the fraternity house!
Small world.  He showed the many, many facial scars from the accident
and still had the ruined chassis.  I, personally, don't need
additional measures to make me any uglier than I am.

The second part of my reasons is simple.  6 car wrecks in 25 years
with two cars totaled.  The last one put my vehicle airborne into a
van.  I drive a 6,000 LB truck so you can imagine the force required.
Six months physical therapy to regain use of my left arm.  I have
never been at fault in any of these accidents.  Four were rear enders
that I never saw coming.  I believe that the seatbelts have saved me
from more catastrophic damage.

These are personal views but I tend to err on the side of caution.
Seatbelts make sense to me.

Scott
1961 +4
1934 MX4 Trike