seat belts

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat belts
From: "Stuart J. Ross" <stuross@nac.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:54:16 -0500
I have seat belts in my 63 +4 roadster. I put them in to allow me to run
auto cross. Since the car is old enough to be exempt from mandatory belts, I
seldom use them on the road. Coming back from one of the MOGS in Harpers
Ferry, I was stopped (about 2 miles from home) by one of our local
gendarmes. I thought I might talk my way out of the (undeserved) ticket,
especially since I was a township resident. Of course, he was curious about
the car for starters. He asked me if I had seat belts. I showed him the
belts. Were you wearing it? No. OK here's a ticket for not wearing a seat
belt. No points. A smaller fine than a speeding ticket. The cop is happy. He
wrote a ticket. I am not totally happy, but at least I didn't get a speeding
ticket and points. So there's another "use" for seat belts in a Morgan.

///
///