Re: Seat Belt Question

To: Bob Nogueira <nogera@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Seat Belt Question
From: "William H. Boyles" <wmj3@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:55:02 -0600
I quess I'll step in here before this matter hopefully dies. First, pay
no attention to Harris = he's just a free thinker with free thoughts. I
don't want to cross him though, because he and my son are supposed to go
out shooting black powder/muzzle loading rifles Sunday.

I have seatbelts installed in all my Morgans as they have saved my life
in other instances - such as when I went off a mountain road while
rallying in Mexico.

And . . . for the original question. Seatbelts are installed in my 1973
4seater as that was the only way to get it "federalized". A heavy bar
was bolted (so it could be removed) across the gaas tank area and the
belts fastened to that. It works fine. If you really want a challenge,
try finding a mounting point for seatbelts for the rear seats of a 1963
Mini Traveler.

[This message delayed, as it needed manual intervention by the list
administrator.  mjb.]

///
///