Fuel Additive; replacement mirror

To: morgans@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Additive; replacement mirror
From: Michael Anderson <hchmca@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:22:27 -0800
Two questions for the morgnoscenti which pertain to my '62 Plus 4:
(1)  I was using Bardahl's lead substitute fuel additive which I
purchased at a local auto parts store (Seattle, WA area), until they
just informed me it is no longer available (nor are many such lead
substitutes, apparently, due to a change in the laws(?)).  So, is there
any "substitute" lead substitute the readership recommends?  I assume
going without the additive is still deleterious for the valves of this
vintage of engine, and that this hasn't changed with the evolution of
gasoline in recent years - right?
(2)  I had a small (four and a half by one and a half inch) rear-view
mirror that was glued to the inside of my windscreen, that I think was
original to the car.  Unfortunately, I managed to snap it off at the
little round brass plate that is still glued on to the glass.  I've
tried to extract the broken screw that is in the ball-jointed tube that
connected to the little round plate (in the hope that all I'd need to do
would be to screw the mirror together again), but I can't get the old
screw out.  Any suggestions where I can get either: a) a new
ball-jointed tube already screwed to the little round plate; or b) just
a whole new (but identical to the original) mirror?  Morgan Spares
didn't have it.
Thanks, Mike Anderson
'62 Plus 4

///