Re: Fuel Additive; replacement mirror

To: Michael Anderson <hchmca@worldnet.att.net>, <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Additive; replacement mirror
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 11:20:37 -0700
Hey Michael,

Sorry, can't help with the mirror question...

On the lead additive, short answer is none is needed, never was, never will
be. I, like so many others, did use the stuff when leaded fuel first dried
up around here but several years ago learned that the damned stuff did
NOTHING other than lighten up my wallet. If you research the issue on the
internet you will reach the same conclusion.

I have not used it for several years in any of my cars without any effect at
all and I know of no-one who is still using it. Last car I used it in
religiously was the Trike, F376.

That said, you can probably still get it through any supplier of racing
fuels as those dudes will sell anything anybody wants to buy...

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Las Cruces, NM, USA
'41 Chevrolet Coupe 350/350, '65 Sunbeam Tiger (FOR SALE), '66 Morgan Plus
Four, '89 Alfa Romeo Spider (FOR SALE)

> From: Michael Anderson <hchmca@worldnet.att.net>
> Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:22:27 -0800
> To: morgans@autox.team.net