Front end Rebuild

To: "EMOG" <emog@lyris.dundee.net>, "Mogtalk"
Subject: Front end Rebuild
From: "Don Sforza" <djsforza@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:06:26 -0400
Many thanks top all who replied. After much wailing and gnashing of teeth,
the job is partly finished... the mainspring, rebound spring, kingpin, etc.
have been reinstalled. The winner for the best idea was Roger Kessell. Roger
suggested to use heavy duty cable ties to keep the mainspring compressed. I
did just that: compressed the mainspring using my TR2/3/4/5/6 spring
compressor and secured the spring with cable ties. The first one almost
didn't work... the cable ties wanted to all slip around to the same side of
the spring... but we persevered nonetheless. When I did the second side, I
used duct tape to hold the cable ties in place.

Special thanks to Tony Spino and Lou Cable... neither of them are Morgan
folk (as a matter of fact, neither drives anything resembling a British
car). They supplied the cable ties and encouragement.

>From here on it's ad tedium, ad nauseum putting together the various pieces.
I hope it still starts!

Don Sforza           djsforza@snet.net                 KA1WV
1966 4/4 S.V Comp     3/4 Morgan Group               B1290
1974  TR6           CT Triumph Register             CF25689U