Re: Rear axle, paper gaskets go where?

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear axle, paper gaskets go where?
From: "Robin & Ron" <robinnron@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 21:31:34 -0400
    Thanks to Steve and Nelson for replies to my question regarding the
correct location for paper gaskets in the vicinity of the rear axle bearing
retainer, brake backing plate, etc.
    Their responses led me to realize that the exploded view drawing in the
old Morgan Spares catalog shown in John Blair's excellent article and the one
in the current catalog don't agree.  The old one has a gasket inboard of the
bearing retainer.  The new one has none inboard of the bearing retainer, but
in all the joints outside of it for 3 total per side.  The new version makes
more sense to me...

Ron Kerans
'67 4/4