Re: Battery

To: <morgans@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Battery
From: "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 22:31:58 -0400
John,

A 1998 Plus 8 has a special gel battery installed over the
rear axle. Mike would do best to take Bart's advice and
contact Morgan Fuller at Cantab for a battery and trickle
charger to keep the new one going. They ain't cheap but
seem to work and also keep the weight down. Touch
wood, mine's still going after five years, but it needs to
be kept at peak charge to avoid problems with the EFi
ECU and weird idle symptoms, etc.

At the very least, if Fuller doesn't have one on the shelf,
(doubtful, since they fail often if not maintained), he will
at least give Mike a straight answer about the availability.

Cantab Shop # 540-338-3751
Main Cantab #  540-338-2211

Regards,

William