Morgan Super Sports body

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: Morgan Super Sports body
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 15:30:22 -0500
Fellow Moggers,

My understanding from a few books I have read on the Morgan Super Sports
that the low line body came out in the fall of 1963.  whats neat is a few
of the Super Sports were endurance fitted with the bigger fuel tanks, and
twin fillers and dual electric pumps lines etc.

I have an original FIA/RAC document blue stamped by the FIA, it's  two
poster size papers, that show pictures of  TOK and her homologation
information, it was given to me by Arch McNeill Jr., who used it to  race
the Lemans Specification Super Sports chassis 5308 at  Sebring in 1963 ,
a neat gent to meet.  The document has the electric pumps, the twin
fillers and larger tank and other Lemans Specifiction, when the older TOK
was redone low line for the lemans race.

Like the Healey 100-S, the increased horsepower and decreased weight with
some showmanship makes a nice package.

I had my Super Sports body restored by Graham Hall at the Morgan factory,
who had built her in 1963, and he had a notebook he pulled out on the
cars body etc, there is a plus 4 frame used with the elongated port for
the dual exhaust header, and a change in the way the sill boards are
fitted per him on the fitting of the 4/4 Series IV body to the plus 4
frame.  add in alloy and you have a beefier lighter car, dont forget the
upper cross axle braces as well!

My car is an early 1963 car, but one of the few  built with a low line
body early on, as Graham was showing me at the factory years ago.

Merry Christmas,

Bob Bowie in Maine