FIA/RAC Super Sports homologation document

To: emog@lyris.dundee.net
Subject: FIA/RAC Super Sports homologation document
From: deemi@juno.com
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 09:41:20 -0500
Andy, and Fam, and interested moggers,

I have found on page 5 of the FIA/RAC 8 page document issued as FIA
reference number 64  dated 16 Juin 1962 (sic-French)

the following

Under Section "Capacities and Dimensions"

Fuel 45 Liters
Sump 6.3 liters

On page 4 it shows
 "Engine Accessories"
with
Make of fuel pump Electrical Bendix no. fitted two

Did you document come with pictures?  There are 11 pictures of TOK in
various stages of assembly for its homologation, it shows twin fillers
etc.

The PCS or production car specifications for 1963 have the enlarged 16
gallon (Imperial) tank, and electric fuel pumps as one of many options
for SCCA use for the Super Sports Morgan +4.

My Original Bill of Sale for 5381  mentions the enlarged fuel tank,
electric pumps and the extra oil gauges that were on my Super Sports.

when I shipped my tank over to be rebuilt in 1997, the factory section
foreman I met with, knew this type of tank size well, and stated they had
made a few over the years, and knew some cars had been made with them in
the early 60's  "for Sebring".

Have you seen this document?, its not in any publication I have ever seen
or book published thus far on Morgans.  This came directly from Arch
McNeill Jr, who raced many times at Sebring, but used it for the 1963
Sebring race entry by Fergus motors of NY. The Morgan used, 5308 was the
same car later used by Gaston Andrey, and its fitted with twin fillers
and enlarged tank etc as is my old car,

I had pictures sent from 5322 in Minnesota from Mr. Fink of his tank and
Bendix fuel setup, and its the same as mine. (his 1963 Sebring racer
entered by Al Rogers)

will look up some pictures I have, but I dont think the list takes them
for size.

Please let  me know,

Bob Bowie in Maine