Re: [Nobbc] welcome-robin-apex.

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] welcome-robin-apex.
From: TIM THRESH <tsthresh@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 09:46:37 -0700
Robin,

Welcome to the club. I am one of the Santa Rosa Brits (passport that is) you
helped in your working life. Drive a red 1958 (daily driver) MGA, and was
referred to you by another (until recently) member Nigel Mott with his blue
TR6. I heard that Nigel, who was a member of NOBBC on eyear ago has now sold
his TR? If he is still on this list he may correct me!

Guys, Robin had a warehouse full of BC's and if he still has a selection of
them is a great source of information and experience. You need to make sure to
neighbor with him about your favorite vehicle....

My wife and I now run a B&B in SR so week-end rides are tough for me
throughout the summer (sorry not to see you all). When the weather becomes
cooler AND I can fix a long-running fuel starvation issue, you will see me on
a run again. Promise, Ron!

Regard, Tim Thresh

> From: apexbrit@msn.com> To: nobbc@autox.team.net> Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007
19:55:09 -0700> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Brit Cars-robin-apex.> > Steve - good to
meet up again and I do remember the TR4A - a daily driver, it> seemed; and
these old Brits like to be driven. > > Yeah, Jag heads were a> specialty. Was
doing my fair share of Jag work in those days, along with a> flock of MGB, and
much good work setting up TR-6's and Jensen Healeys for smog> - then re-tuning
to run decently!> > Anyway, Brit cars are still fun and am> happy to meet up
with fellow enthusiasts, once again.> > I also belong to ESCA> which is mainly
auto Xing now with a few ralleys and tours thrown in. Their> membership is
huge ( mostly Asian cars) because of the racing (as they call> it). I am
inactive since I sold the Z autocrosser.> > In my previous bit I> neglected to
include my ownership of 4 liquid suspension MG/BMC's whatever> they were
called - also fun to drive. Also an uncountable number of Cortinas> (maybe 7
or eight). Both sons learned to drive in them. I drove the Tom Rust/> Bob
Winkelmann Anglia in the Crow's Landing Trans Am Sedan Race back in 1960>
something. Yikes - spent all my time keeping out of the way of Mustangs and>
Camaros ; must have been young and stupid! Still probably stupid.> > And so
it> goes, mates...> > Just tell me to shut up when I go on so much.> >
Cheers,> Rob> ----- Original Message ----- > From: Steve>
Lehmann<mailto:sand@frii.com> > To: North Bay British Car>
Club<mailto:nobbc@autox.team.net> > Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 4:58>
PM> Subject: Re: [Nobbc] Brit Cars-robin-apex.> > > YES ROB reminber you>
well!!!> your shop was next to a muffler shop and yes i was by a few times> to
hustle > the nobbc.> had (and still do) a red tr4a-> yes that was in> the
fourmulative period.> good to hear from you!> as you can see, ron,> myself,and
deano sucsseeded.> yes i do remimember you robin.> you had the> valve train in
pices on a 6 cyl jag last time i was by.> steve-colorado.> ----- Original
Message ----- > From: "Robin Jackson">
<apexbrit@msn.com<mailto:apexbrit@msn.com>>> To:>
<Nobbc@autox.team.net<mailto:Nobbc@autox.team.net>>> Sent: Tuesday,> September
04, 2007 2:56 PM> Subject: [Nobbc] Brit Cars> > > > I'm new to> this group,
but not new to Brit cars. Bought my first one, 1949 > > TC,> >> in 1953; today
I am working to get my 1962 Mk2 on the road and maybe the> >> Series III
Sunbeam after that.> >> > I've owned a few others: AH 100-4 I> drove> > from
Quantico,VA to Mill Valley in 1956; MGA; 1958 Mog+4 (totaled> it on > > Hwy 1>
> at the Fireside) 1959 Mog +4 (went SCCA racing with it)> ;1954 Flat Rad Mog
> > :> > TR-3 (raced this too); Lotus 22 (3rd in Class> B San Fran Region
SCCA, 5th> > national runoffs at Riverside); 1969> Europa(recently sold).> >>
> I owned and> > operated Apex British Motors> on East Todd in Santa Rosa for
many years and> > became known as one who> could eventually fix problems with
old Jags, Mogs,> > Bently, Rolls, Lotus,> even an Allard.> >> > I think Steve
came by to visit a few> > times and> told me about his idea for a "club." At
the time a few customers > > and> > "roadies" were doing "Dawn Patrols" out of
my shop - a once a month run> > similar to the Sunday Moring Ride.> >> > After
a couple of years> retirement I'm> > attacking the Mk2 with renewed vigor so
as to soon join> you all on your > > runs> > and fun. I am taking a hiatus
from rebuilding> suspension, calipers, and am > > now> > working on sadly
neglected wood> work. I purchased the car from a Cazadero> > resident who let
it get soggy> inside under redwood for 3 years. Yuch; it > > will> > never be
a show> quality car, just a good runner.> >> > See ya soon. Cant make PA> >
this> year and have never been to the Dixon event, althoug I am told it is> >>
excellent. I think the Lotus club is revving up to take the participation> >>
award again at PA!> >> > Rob Jackson> > Mk2 Jag> > Series 3 Sunbeam> >