Re: [Nobbc] dixon sinking-serra snowpack.

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] dixon sinking-serra snowpack.
From: gtwincams <gtwincams@pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:06:56 -0700
Paige, Dean wrote:
> I believe that I have made a
> contribution to keeping a green profile. Simply by not insisting on
> having a new car every year or 2 I have conserved resources.

I think that's a great point. I've tried to make that a number of times
to friends with no interest in classic cars, and they just counter with
air pollution concerns (drive behind some of us and that seems valid).
My response is that most of us don't drive them that often, we don't
usually drive them in lots of traffic, and our use of them is offset by
the air pollution created during manufacture of new cars and destruction
of old ones. So far I haven't convinced those nay-sayers.
> As to our animated, illustriously eccentric, slightly bent Steve I offer
> this. Let's not be so thin skinned folks, live and let
> live. As for unsubing of course that is anyone's prerogative. Keep in
> mind though, we all wouldn't be getting together on a regular basis
> except for Steve.

That's valid, Dean, but I agree with Don - I don't want to wade through
a bunch of off-topic politicizing in this email list, or any of the
others I am on. As I recall from childhood, one of Charles Schultz
characters (Linus?) said, "To know me is to love me" - maybe that's true
with Steve. This sounds like the NOBBC is having some growing pains; the
club has more members and other people now putting in their time and
energy to help the club grow, which seems like a good thing to encourage.

Cheers,
Greg