Re: [Nobbc] THANKSGIVING RIDE

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Nobbc] THANKSGIVING RIDE
From: Greg Tatarian <gtwincams@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 05:44:35 -0800
Wow, Rich! That's gonna be nice.
I was referring to modifying the carbs used on an Elan if they were
fitted to a Spitfire. One thing I didn't mention is that the size is
larger as well, but that could be just the ticket for a hot Spitfire
engine if the manifold can also be enlarged for the larger venturi size
of the CD175s. The Weber is a more common upgrade however, and will give
you gobs of power. What venturi, jets, air correctors and e-tubes are
you using for that engine build?
Looks like you've got a trip to Johnny Franklin's in your future -
nothing like a screaming loud exhaust to make you want to get out of the
car after 45 minutes or so...
Cheers,
Greg

On 11/19/2010 6:36 PM, rlmossholder@comcast.net wrote:
> Greg,
> The engine is about as modified as I dare. High compression flat top pistons,
>mild/hot street cam, aluminum flywheel, electronic ignition, ported&  polished
>head with roller rockers...
> I think it is going to be a real screamer! I have to redo the exhaust,
>though. It was loud to begin with, but now it's unbearable. Sounds like It
>should only be on the track. I'm estimating with all the mods to have about
>100hp, which is a considerable gain over the stock 72hp.
> Still have to finish the wiring, tune the new suspension, install the new
>drive shaft, and install the new interior and stereo.
>
> Cheers,
> Rich
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47