Re: [oletrucks] Vin Plate question

To: "Allen L. Jones" <ALJ@hartcrowser.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Vin Plate question
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:04:59 -0500
Mine is also attached with the nifty (nifty50) little clutch head screws.
But, as I believe the vehicles in 1950, even up to 56 or so, were titled by
the engine number, that is what I did.  I know it can mean a hassle if/when
the engine is changed, but I changed the engine when I first titled it & all
I had to do was produce a receipt for the new block (indicating the engine
serial number) & that is what they put on the title.  I can't remember if
they required a pencil shadowing of the embossed numbers, but I remember
making one for supporting my title request.  No problems for this Texan.
Note, however, that I have owned this truck (all in Texas) since 1981/82.

Now, that is what I call theft protection-a lot harder to remove the engine
to hide the truck's identify than to unscrew a little plate!

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX