Re: [oletrucks] TF Master cylinder/ front clip

To: derrick gray <dgray_98_doc@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF Master cylinder/ front clip
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 17:43:44 -0500

At 02:32 PM 3/4/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Hey guys,
>  Should  I have to pump the brakes 3 or 4 times every time I stop.
>Once I pump it, it gets a good firm pedal with lots of pedal.  If I
>don't pump it, it almost goes to the floor before it gets firm.  Is
>this a sign that I need to rebuild the master cylinder or is this
>normal for these old trucks?  Also, why is it that we hear so much
>about camero, must@#g, and volare front clips but never anything about
>late model pickup front clip swaps.  Is this not a feasable union?
>TIA
>Derrick
>'56 3100

Derrick
You have air in your hydraulic system, you need to go through and
check/repair/replace your master cylinder and wheel cylinders and bleed
your system. Once upon a time when mine had the stock brakes I had the same
problem til one day when I pressed on the pedal and it went to the floor.
Fortunately I was in an empty parking lot when it failed so I instantly
became the first and (as far as I know) the only "Vintage" NASCAR
Supertruck as I made laps around the parking lot to scrub off the speed.
Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck