[oletrucks] Another introduction

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Another introduction
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 10:54:59 -0500
I've been lurking here for a bit, and reading the interesting posts.
Tomorrow I'm off to pick up a 1953 5 window for $1800.  It has a 6
cylinder, but I'm not sure if it's the original with 216 or 235 or ??
The truck's in running and registered condition, with a serviceable new
paint job.  The interior needs plenty of work, plus new windows on the
crank-ups, but there's not a lot of body cancer, so my plans are to
drive and work on it this summer, then decide if it's a frame-off during
the winter.  To date my other project has been a 72 Chevelle Malibu that
I just finished installing a totally rebuilt 350.  So this will be an
interesting diversion.

I'm looking forward to all the posts here, and surely will be asking for
info and advice from time to time.  Any recommendations as to parts
sources, catalogs, web sites etc. are certainly appreciated.

Wally
Templeton, MA