[oletrucks] Just a little good news + question

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Just a little good news + question
From: "The Hansons" <dustyrose@mcn.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 11:11:40 -0700
        Just got smart and finally got rid of the F@@D Ranger for a Chevy
Silverado Z71. I can easily say that this is the next best vehicle
investment I have made, Aside from the 59 GMC I have change for ever. Why
buy the trash that I had when I could have been buying quality. I guess you
do manage to get smarter with age.
        Ltes get to the reason I am on the net. I was at a junk yard a few hours
from the house looking for those hard to find parking lights. I did not
find the lights but did find a good chrome front bumper and also a fender
without the tire cutout. However I was uncertain of the year of the pickup
but I know it was from a Chevy and not GMC. It was also a 1/2ton instead of
a 3/4ton. The truck did not have a front end or drivers door.

Questions
        1. How do I find out what year the truck is if there is not front end,
no
ID plate on the drivers side    door area?
        2. What year/s of fenders should fit my 59 GMC?
        3. I had also looked at plenty of GMC gauges but none of them had the
gauge to the right of the       speedo. They all were blank inserts with GMC
lettering in the middle. I understand that that gauge   was an option but
where might I be able to find one?

Thanks for the help and info in advance and hope everyone has a great
weekend.
Christian
'59 GMC 3/4ton Napco