[oletrucks] Can anyone HELP!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Can anyone HELP!
From: carcooley@webtv.net (Carl Cooley)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 15:30:28 -0500 (EST)
Hi;   Can anyone with the right book help me out?  I have a 51 GMC
longbed pickup which I bought about 6 years ago from a guy that brought
it up here to Ohio from Oklahoma.  Haven't  done much with it yet,  with
putting a daughter through college (and a wedding) and moving to an old
house that needed a lot of work.
   Now to my questions.  On the engine by the dist. is a number.  It is
C24847169   On the post of the door is Serial Number  102-22-S-2763 .  I
beleive this is the original engine.  Truck is solid and unbutchered
except for a now old coat of paint.  Also the interior was gone from the
heat in the southwest.  I have the inside redone.  If anyone can give me
any informationon the date and location of the build of my truck I'd
appeciate it.    Thanks

Carl    51 GMC  ( Got it out and ran up and down the driveway today!)