Re: [oletrucks] Chevy spindles on GMC?

To: dave riffel <cafe_dave@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Chevy spindles on GMC?
From: "Paul G. Blosser" <pblosser@sripok.win.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 23:33:28 -0600
dave riffel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There is a gent who needs spindles for his 1954 GMC, presumably 1/2 ton.
> Will my '50 half ton spindles work for him?  Or were the '54 GMCs a
> totally different beast?  Thanks all!  :^)
>
> Dave Riffel

I've got a set of spindles from a '54 Chevy half ton.  I think they are
in fine shape -- I purchased rebuilt ones becuase I took the original
ones to a machine shop to get the kingpins removed fromt he axle, then
went through three or four sets of kingpin bushings, trying to find the
right size until I found out that the bushings are supposed to be a
hand-fit and not press-fit.  Let me know if you want them and we'll see
what we can work out.

Paul Blosser
School of Metaphysics
1954 Chevy 3100