Re: [oletrucks] task force-NAPCO question

To: "Steve Bobst" <mailman@netins.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] task force-NAPCO question
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 17:42:14 -0700
If it is a Chevy,  the "factory" version could only be had with the 235ci-6
and the 4-speed manual from 1957 to 1959, but NAPCO Powr-Pak conversion
kits could be bought from nearly any dealer and installed on virtually any
AD 3/4 or 1-ton, and nearly any TF truck.  GMC offered two engines (270ci-6
or a Pontiac V-8 of various displacement), and two transmissions (4-speed,
or automatic) from 1956 to 1959.  Because of the "divorced" transfer case
that these trucks use, you can install virtually any engine/trany combo
that will fit.  You may have to fabricate a drive line, but it shouldn't be
too difficult for a good drive-line shop.  I don't see why you couldn't use
a three-on-the-tree.  Good luck with it.  Also, if you are interested, I am
trying to revive the NAPCO registry.  I have about 35 names now on the
list.  If you are interested in being involved,  e-mail me with your name
address and phone number and I will include you on the mailing list (the
first mass mailing will be done Aug./Sept. time frame).  Take care.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco