Re: [oletrucks] Front Axle Shim - AD Truck

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Front Axle Shim - AD Truck
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 19:03:42 -0400
The shims are for alignment, specifically to set the caster. I thought these
were usually put in pairs but I suppose a alignment shop might only use one
to correct caster on one side. The only way to tell if you need both or if
they are the correct ones is to have an alignment shop check. Alignment
shops should have these and Chevy Duty also sells stock ones. My stock ones
were replaced with thicker ones at a steeper angle to correct caster when I
had an alignment done.

Grant 50 3100