Re: [oletrucks] New to the list.

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New to the list.
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 20:03:33 -0400
Kevin Hebert wrote:

> My name is Kevin Hebert, I live in houston. I'm new to the list and
> really intrested in buying and restoring a 50's chevy pick-up. Any
> help on where I should look and what I should look for? I would
> appreciate any help you could offer!
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin M. Hebert

Kevin, welcome to the group.  Depends I guess on how much you want to
spend, and what amount of restoring you plan to tackle.  For a more
complete truck with less work, I'd check out the local auto trader
magazines.  For something that's minimal $$, but lots of work, you might
spend some time cruising back roads in farm and rural areas.  I'm amazed
at how many trucks I see in this manner.  Of course, some are real
basket cases, but then one man's trash is anothers dream.  Good luck and
keep everyone posted.

Wally
Templeton, MA
53 3100