Re: [oletrucks] Junkyard walk

To: "Dave Cunningham" <djcvjc@riconnect.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Junkyard walk
From: "Jim V." <jvanho01@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 06:37:07 -0400
Dave,

Just visited your web site for the first time.  Great job on the site and
also on your restoration.  You are still ahead of me on the restore.  I do
have the front and rear suspensions done and if the weather will dry up, I
will sandblast the frame.  The cab has been repaired and most of my chrome
stuff has been done.  The hydramatic transmission is going in for rebuild
this week and I will start on the engine (V8) in a couple of weeks.

At 03:43 PM 4/17/99 -0400, Dave Cunningham wrote:
>Hi All,
>In conversations with another ole truck guy he suggested trying to find a
>dana 45 rearend from a GMC model 100 truck 56-58 for my 55 GMC. He told me
>those rearends came  with a 3.07 ratio and you can get all the parts for
>them. I knew of a junkyard in Salem CT that had a GMC panel truck but it
>turned out to be a 3/4 or 1 ton truck. Anyway I walked around this place and
>there were a few trucks, all of which were very rusty and picked over.
>Check out my web page for a couple of pictures.
>
>Dave Cunningham
>55GMC
>
>http://www.riconnect.com/djcvjc/1955gmctrucksite.html

Jim Van Hooser
'58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup - V8 automatic
Davisburg, Michigan
jvanho01@tir.com