Re: [oletrucks] Re: Split rims GOOD/BAD????

To: quirt@sk.sympatico.ca
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: Split rims GOOD/BAD????
From: John Dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 23:16:42 -0700
Dave Quirt wrote:

> Listers:
>
> Now for the question: which later model one-piece rims will fit the
> larger AD (and TF?) trucks like the 2 and 2-1/2 tons??
>
> Dave Q.
> '52 Chev 1314 3-window half ton (acreage worker)
> '50 GMC 9414 5-window one ton (which was the water hauler)
> '53 Chev two ton (which is the new water hauler and which also needs
> tires!!)
>

>         oletrucks@autox.team.net

While in the big city yesterday (Saturday), I stopped and looked at a
new Chevy 3500HD truck. It had had 10 lug rims with a 7-1/4" bolt
circle. I belive that they would fit the larger AD trucks, but I don't
know about clearance as the tires are 16". It would probably be worth
looking into.

Anouther possiblilty would be to check with a tire shop and see if they
could mount tires on the old rims if they were welded together. I know
some semis use one peice rims so there sould be a way.

John
"49-50-54-57-79-95" Chevy 3800 Panel