Re: [oletrucks] Windshield wipers

To: "Blaine & Maggie Dumkee" <bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Windshield wipers
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 07:19:23 -0400
At 09:40 PM 4/18/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Are the electric windshield wiper motors the same between 55-59?
>
>I once thought they changed in 58, but now I see them advertised as 55-59.
>Anyone had problems with this?
>
>Blaine Dumkee

Several years back I got the notion to change the vacuum wipers in my 57 to
an electric wiper.  I found one in a 59 and tried to put it in and it was
different. I don't recall exactly what the problem was but either the bolt
in was different or the connection to the transmission linkages was
different. At any rate the guy (an old timer)that I bought it from took it
back because he said he knew the 58 and 59 were different and he
misunderstood what I was going to use it for.  A couple  of days later I
stumbled across a 56 which had the electric motor and it bolted right into
place on mine. Been working fine since.

Bill Bailey
http://members.tripod.com/~oltruck